Monday, August 8, 2011

Second Thoughts Resurrected

Second Thoughts Resurrected
The name for my blog originally came from my being the Senior Minister of the Second Congregational Church of Greenwich, CT. Now that I am a freelance pastor, consultant, aspiring artist and umpire, I thought a name change would be necessary. But then I had a second thought. In the consultant work I will be doing with churches, I will be encouraging clergy and the members of those churches to think outside the box…….to not go with their first thoughts, those thoughts which usually are shaped by past experience or preconceived ideas. Change requires second thoughts. As I have said about the thinking which I want to lay as a foundation for churches (and even individuals) looking to the future is – “If you don’t ever think outside the box, you’ll almost always end up in the same old box.” My consulting program In Church Imaging is about outside the box thinking. I have been fortunate to minister in churches which were open to second thoughts – as I call it “innovative imagining.” So Second Thoughts it shall continue to be. Looking forward to sharing my second and, maybe even third and fourth thoughts with you. inchurchconsult@yahoo.com
Bob

No comments: